Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Saturday March 8th

This was a scheduled day off. We slept in late, had a late breakfast and headed over to DTD.
We had souvenier shopping in mind, because really, we’d bought nothing for anyone back home. I love the stuff I bought for everyone. It was nothing special, but it all had that special little Disney something about it.
I bought a bunch of glass and crystal stuff for my mum, and was advised to take it as carryon. The lady who served me told me that I shouldn’t have any trouble with the glass stuff, but apparently you can’t see through crystal with the air port’s x-ray like things, so they may pull me aside with it... I found this really interesting...

We caught a taxi down to a chemist to get some stronger cold and flu stuff for me. None of this stuff works though. Our taxi driver was a lovely bloke with a very hard to decipher accent. Had a good laugh with him. Don’t remember what about... I may not have even known what I was laughing at, at the time...
Any hoo I really don’t know where the day went. We spent some time doing laundry at the hotel, and for some reason sat around the pool for a little bit. Fair enough it wasn’t as cold as it had been in NY, but there was no way we were going swimming, but for some reason we sat there...

I’d seen some sort of soup ad on the TV during the day, and decided that I was dying for soup for dinner. So we headed down to the 7 Eleven to see what they had. I stocked up on soup, Chris on Beer, and then we headed across the road to get Indian for Chris for dinner. While waiting for dinner I sat mesmerised by an Indian music channel that the restaurant had on. We don’t have anything quite like that in Australia.
Then it was time to walk back to the hotel, and watch the Disney Channel... We also watched the fire works from our hotel room, we had a pretty good view of them, and enjoyed guessing which sequence of fire works were for each part of the show. It was nice to sit down and watch them.

Apparently we didn’t take any photos today... Weird because pretty much for my whole trip my camera was an extension of my arm... I lie, we took a couple, but nothing of great importance, and not like the 200 per day that I had been taking...

0 comments:

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys